Oslo, May 2, 2022
- When you turn the tap on, water should pour out, and when you turn your router on, there should be connectivity. Access to water, electricity, and internet connectivity are basic needs in a home. If any of this fails, we have in reality failed to provide basic services, says Bjørn Isaksen, general manager at OBOS OpenNet.
This is why the company's most important requirement for networking equipment in the home is, in short, that it works.
Plug And Play
- eero is wifi right out of the tap. Just connect to power and download the mobile app, and the rest is smooth sailing, promises Jan Pedro Tumusok, Eye Networks CEO.
The company is the sole distributor for eero for Service Providers in Norway. OBOS OpenNet is the first Norwegian operator to sign with Amazon company eero to use their wifi equipment and insight tools.
The solution combines eero's market-leading wifi devices with analytics, administration, and support tools. Together this lets OBOS OpenNet deliver user friendly wifi.
- The decision OBOS OpenNet made in choosing eero, demonstrates great insight into the challenges of modern operators in delivering rock solid wifi to end users. That they are first in Norway to do so, also speaks to their values and the importance OBOS OpenNet places on good user experiences, says Tumusok.
- Today's housing cannot offer yesterday's technology. This tool lets us deliver superior wifi, so that end users do not need to worry about lack of coverage or speed in the home, says Isaksen.
The first housing cooperatives have already installed eero wifi, and more are in planning and deployment stages.
- eero's wifi solution has hidden abilities and can also act as a hub for the smart home. Right now, however, we are focused on ensuring good customer experiences together with OBOS OpenNet, says Tumusok from Eye Networks.
Learn more about eero for Service Providers delivered by Eye Networks.