Safety Rules for AirTies Access Points
- Make sure the devices stand upright and do not cover up or otherwise block the holes, as they provide necessary ventilation.
- Avoid exposing the devices to heat sources such as stoves and direct sunlight.
- The devices should not be used at temperatures below 0°C or above 40°C. Humidity should be between 10 and 90%.
Installing the Home Pack
Before you begin, unwrap all the devices and make sure you remove all the protective plastic.
- Connect one AirTies device to the house router with the enclosed Ethernet cable (white cable with yellow plug).
You may have a separate router, or an IAD which is a multi-function device that includes router functionality. No matter how many different devices you have in your setup, the AirTies device should be connected to the router.
- Connect all devices to power and turn them on.
- The devices will now connect to each other automatically. This may take up to 3 minutes. The connection has been established when the connection LEDs stop blinking and light up in green on all devices,
- Turn off the Wi-Fi functionality in your router or IAD, and any repeaters or extenders you have been using in the past. This avoids creating unnecessary interference between networks.
- Typically, you can do this by logging on to your router via the web.
- In some cases, you'll need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to get this done.
- Distribute the devices so that you have coverage throughout the home:
At any time, you can also extend your network with one or more additional devices