The software (firmware) on each AirTies device will normally update automatically, and you generally do not have to do anything yourself to get a new version.
However, all ISPs do not roll out new versions to their customers at the same time, and devices may lose contact with the server that supplies the software.
If you want to find out which version you have today, there are two ways to do it.
Checking Your Version Using the App
If you have the Airties WiFi app, do the following:
- Open the app while signed in to the AirTies network.
- Select "My Network".
- Tap each of the AirTies devices that appear in the visualization of the network and make sure they have the desired version.
Checking the Version Using a Web Browser
If you do not have the app or prefer to use a Web browser:
- Open a Web browser on your PC or tablet while connected to your wireless AirTies network.
- Go to the address http://air4920.local (or http://air4930.local) and sign in. If you have never signed in before, your password is blank. (We recommend that you change this and write down your new password.)
- Find the firmware version in the middle of the page that is displayed after signing in.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the addresses http://air4920-2.local and http://air4920-3.local (or http://air4930-2.local and so on) to check each device in the network — continue to-4 and-5 if you have a larger mesh.
Requesting an Update from the Firmware Server
If you have an older firmware version than expected, you can request the latest version from the AirTies firmware server:
- Restart the device using the Power button on the back.
- Go to http://air4920.local or http://air4930.local
- Using the menu on the left-hand side, navigate to Advanced Settings > Tools > Firmware Update.
- Make sure that the setting Enable auto firmware upgrade is turned on so that you receive new updates in the future.
- Click Check for Updates Now to contact the AirTies server.
- Repeat step 1-4 with all units in the mesh network (http://air4920-2.local, http://air4920-3.local, and so on).